KEY WEST PEST CONTROL
For those suffering Mouse, Rat, Pigeon and Squirrel infestations, we can help you tackle the problem.
Call 0800 195 3464
MICE & RATS
- Brown Rat (Rattus Norvegicus)
- House Mouse (Mus Domesticus)
- Field Mouse (Apodemus Sylvaticus)
- Yellow Necked Field House (Apodemus Flavicollis)
- As with mice, look out for holes, droppings, smear marks and unpleasant smells as these are signs a building may be being used as a run.
- They are subject to persistent pest control due to the damage they cause and the numerous diseases they spread.
- Along with house mice, they are considered to be the most widespread terrestrial mammal.
- Look out for holes, droppings, smear marks and unpleasant smells as these are signs a building may be being used as a run.
- Mice are subject to persistent pest control due to the damage they cause and the numerous diseases they spread.
- Along with rats, they are considered to be the most widespread terrestrial mammals.
- Combined head & body Length: 200 – 270mm
- Average weight: 250-500g. (Max 700 gms)
- Coarse brown (occasionally black) fur, with a pale underside.
- Tails are 150 – 210 mm.-
- Blunt nose, small ears with a tail shorter than the head and body.
- Sexually mature at: 8 – 12 weeks.
- Gestation period: 21 – 24 days.
- Litter size (average): 6 – 11.
- Weaning period: 3 – 4 weeks.
- Combined head and body length: 70 – 90mm.
- Mice usually less than 23g (average 15 – 18g)
- Length of hind feet: 16 – 19mm- Brown-Grey fur, with slightly lighter under-parts.
- House mice have large ears, a pointed nose and the tail is usually around 80% length of the head and body.
Not dissimilar to the signs of an infestation of mice, there are a handful of indications that you might have a rat problem. Droppings, their greasy rub marks, nests and footprints are all signs that you might not be alone in your home or business. Gnaw marks on cabling, wires and general household items, and rat holes (long burrow systems where they shelter, feed, store and nest), are tell-tale signs of a rat problem.
Keeping stored food in containers with tight fitting lids, uncluttering the home and surrounding land, and tidying away pet food leftovers and storing it in robust containers with snuggly fitting lids above ground level, are all effective preventative measures to ensure your home and business stays rat-free.
Think you might have mice? Mousy suspicions but can’t be sure? Due to mice being nocturnal, it’s likely you wouldn’t see them, without hunting for them in the middle of the night.
There are a number of signs you can look out for to indicate that you’re sharing your home or business with these furry little things. Greasy marks caused by their bodies brushing against the walls, scratching noises at night time, 50-80 droppings left from their night time antics, strong ammonia smell from their frequent urinating, nests and footprints, and are all signs that you’re living or working with mice.
To prevent mice from entering your home and business, there are a few options to investigate.
If your property is an older one, ensure your door is fit tight and snuggly – adding bristle strips to the bottom of the door to hinder entry is another effective solution. Sealing any holes in walls for cabling, holes around piping, or covering air bricks and vents with wire mesh will also help to protect your home and business. Keep grass mown short to discourage sheltering, and trim back the branches of trees or plants growing up against your property, as this allows the mice to climb in order to gain entry.
For those with a Mouse problem, think Key West. We’ve over 20 years’ experience in the pest control industry and have handled a huge number of mice infestations. For fast, reliable and effective solutions to your pest problems, give us a call.
- Wood Pigeon (Columba Palumbus)
- Stock Dove (Columba Oenas)
- Rock Dove (Columba Livia)
- Collared Dove (Streptopelia Decaocto)
- Turtle Dove (Streptopelia Turtur)
- Do not feed pigeons around your building. This could lead to them nesting nearby.
- Their acidic droppings can erode most surfaces, causing structural degradation to your building.
- The best known disease passed from birds to man is Psittacosis. Fouling can be a public health hazard and must be cleaned regularly.
- Length: 29-33cm.
- Weight: 260-580g.
- Grey, slightly iridescent feathers on the neck that shine pink and green in the sunlight.
- Other colours include white, brownish-red, and mixtures.
Due to their ability to survive in a huge array of environments, needing only the smallest space and shelter for their nests and able to survive on our waste food alone, your property could be the perfect spot for these feathered pests.
Birds frequently perching on your roof or ledges, continuous bird song/cries, traces of their nesting materials about your property, damaged/fouled property and items inside it and feather-blocked gutters and draining systems, are all tell-tale signs of a bird problem.
Predominately found making a nuisance of themselves in commercial buildings, the way to prevent these pests is to ensure the integrity of your building to try and hinder their entry.
For bird problems, we use a beautiful Harris Hawk and Saker Flacon to deter roosting, nesting and colonising birds. This is a 100% effective solution to bird problems, and a beautiful sight to boot.
Got a bird problem? Give us a call.
- Grey Squirrels (Sciurus Carolinensis)
- Red Squirrels (Sciurus Vulgaris)
- Squirrels can nest in lofts, wall cavities, and the void in-between false walls.
- By gnawing they can damage tree bark and the fabric of buildings.
- Grey squirrels are widespread and not protected in the UK.
- Head and body length: 25-26.5cm.
- Weight (adult): about 500gm.-
- Tail length: around 22cm
- Grey fur with large bushy tails
A beautiful creature when seen on a sunny day’s walk, but less so when they nest in your home, squirrels can cause a huge issue for home and business owners.
If you think you might have a squirrel problem, check your attic and garage where they could be sheltering and storing food, inspect cabling and wiring for gnaw marks, listen out for their noisy activities and inspect your garden for dug-up garden beds and bark stripped from trees.
Squirrels can be prevented from entering and nesting in your home, by maintaining trees, plants and vines close to the home, sealing up even the smallest holes in and around the home (both at the lowest and highest points of the property) and disposing of any bird feeders you may be using in the garden, as this attracts squirrels and could lead to an infestation.
Squirrels can bite if they are cornered, so we suggest you don’t tackle the problem alone. Our trained technicians are experienced in handling squirrel infestations, and are at hand to take your call, and tackle your problem, for less than you might think.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have a pest problem? We can help! Get in touch either using our from or our details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
0800 195 3464
Unit 2, Griffin House,
Station Road, Morley, Leeds LS27 8JW
GET A FREE CALL OUT OR CALL BACK
LET US PROTECT YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
At Key West Pest Control, we understand that both residential and commercial pest control issues need to be dealt with immediately in order for your home or business to continue running smoothly.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
GET IN TOUCH
0800 195 3464 (Local Rate)
NEED COMMERCIAL HYGIENE SERVICES?
Introducing Key West Hygiene Services, our new sister-company!
Offering an extensive suite of 100% tailored commercial hygiene services to businesses across Yorkshire, whether you’re looking for Washroom Services, Waste Management, Covid-19 Hygiene Services, or all three, we can help.