Key West technicians are highly experienced in tackling ant problems at every scale,
in both domestic and commercial settings, with a range of effective and affordable ant infestation treatments.
Ant Problem? No Problem, call Key West today.
- Garden Ant (Lasius Niger)
- Pharaoh Ant (Monomorium Pharaonis)
- Pavement Ant (Tetramorium Caespitum)
- Ghost Ant (Tapinoma Melanocephalum)
- The Black Garden Ant enjoys a varied diet, ranging from fresh and sugary fruits to insects, dead or alive.
- Pharaoh Ants infest areas such as kitchens and patios, often in large groups, and are known to sting and bite.
- Ghost Ants occupy roughly the same areas as Pharaoh Ants, including houses, hospitals, public buildings, greenhouses and zoos.
- Ghost Ants are famous for the coconut like odour they release when crushed.
- If your home or business has an ant problem, its important that ant infestation treatments are deployed sooner rather than later.
- Workers 4-5mm long.
- Queens 15mm long.
- Dark brown-black in colour.
- 1 small segment at waist point (pedicel).
- No sting present.
- Workers 1.5–2mm long, yellow–brown with brown abdomen.
- Males 3mm long, black and winged.
- Queens 3.5–6mm long, dark red in colour with wings.
- Black eyes. 2 small segments at the pedicel.
An ant problem? Yes. These tiny things can become a real nightmare for home and business owners, especially in large numbers. Which might be more common that you think!
There are many DIY solutions you can use to tackle a small number of Ants, but how can they be prevented, and large infestations treated?
Firstly, there a few signs to look out for to assess the problem. Live ants of course are an obvious give away but spotting their pathways in and out of your home, or their nests (which often look like a small piece of soil), could save you a much bigger problem later.
To deter ants from invading your home or business, clear up any food or drink spillages, vacuum any crumbs of food from under appliances and units, ensure food is stored in units or fridges and never out in the open, keep on-top of pet food and remove left-overs promptly, seal up any cracks or holes that could act as an open invitation to these critters, and ensure your bins are closed with secure lids.
For highly effective and affordable ant infestation treatments, call Key West. Our experienced technicians are at hand to return your home or business to its pest-free state, and restore your peace of mind.
GET IN TOUCH
Do you have a pest problem? We can help! Get in touch either using our from or our details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Unit 2, Griffin House,
Station Road, Morley, Leeds LS27 8JW
GET A FREE CALL OUT OR CALL BACK
LET US PROTECT YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS
At Key West Pest Control, we understand that both residential and commercial pest control issues need to be dealt with immediately in order for your home or business to continue running smoothly.
NEED COMMERCIAL HYGIENE SERVICES?
Introducing Key West Hygiene Services, our new sister-company!
Offering an extensive suite of 100% tailored commercial hygiene services to businesses across Yorkshire, whether you’re looking for Washroom Services, Waste Management, Covid-19 Hygiene Services, or all three, we can help.